Ancient Hill Estate Winery is set on a hill near Kelowna Airport. The view is phenomenal and the patio is charming but the real charm is in the tasting room and wine shop.
VIDEO Look around this patio.
Comfortable, gentle, quiet.
2. Dogs are welcome.
3. You can buy some crackers and cheese, with a bottle or wine by the glass.
4. You can bring a picnic and enjoy it on their huge patio.
5. You can stroll the vines.
6. They have some of the regulars: Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir. These are ubiquitous in the northern vineyards.
7. They also grow Baco Noir, Lemberger and Zweigelt. Some interesting and hard to find varieties which they make small batch single varietals and blends.
Here are some of their wines:
Lazerus: 100% Lemberger, light bodied, with spicy, prune, dark cherry, chocolate, vanilla with a hint of butterscotch on the nose.
Baco Noir: Heavier bodied and barrel aged. Bursting with dark, rich fruits.
This is the bottle that I brought home, nice colour, interesting plum, spice and red fruit. More layered than most rosés. Includes Zweigelt, Baco Noir and Gewürtstraminer.
Like this: Like Loading...
Graduate of New York Institute of Photography, I have worked as a photojournalist, wedding photographer, portrait photographer and photography teacher. I live in the mountains in BC, Canada.
View all posts by wendymcalpine